Visa applications are currently subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. Therefore, attendees should be advised to apply no later than 2 months prior to the conference.
Visa letters will only be issued to:
- People the organization knows (notification by one of the member included in the organization [http://iswc2014.semanticweb.org/organization] is required).
- Committee members
- Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full
Additional information can be found on the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site at http://www.esteri.it/visti/index_eng.asp.
To request a Visa Support Letter, please send an email to email@example.com specifying in the body of the mail the following data:
- Full name (as written in the passport)
- Affiliation: organization/company name
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Birth date
- Place of birth
- Passport number and passport expiration date
- Are you a speaker/presenter? (Yes or No)
- Name of session/paper you are speaking/presenting
Electronic letters will be issued promptly upon verification of paid registration. Original signed letter via regular mail has to be previously required.
Invitation letters will state the following facts:
- Conference dates, title, location
- Whether the requester is a committee member, speaker, presenter or attendee
- The requester has paid the required registration fee in full
Invitation letters will not be issued to requesters who have not previously paid the registration fee.